Ingredients (serves four people)
- 4 pc Semi-Boneless Quail
- Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Allspice, ground
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Scallions, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1. Rub the sea salt, pepper, cayenne and allspice along the outer surface of the bird. Place the birds in a pan and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for one hour.
2. While the bird is marinating, make the sauce. In a small cooking pot, combine the lime juice, chicken broth, molasses and scallion. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Allow the sauce to chicken slightly, around ten minutes.
3. Heat a broiler to temperature. Arrange the quail in a baking pan, then top with the sauce. Place under the broiler and cook the bird until fully cooked, around 8 to 10 minutes. Once cooked, serve the bird with the sauce. Serve with green beans and basmati rice if desired.