Ingredients (serves four people)
- 1 ½ pounds Tuna
- 2 Tablespoons Thyme
- Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Avocado, chopped
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 pc Garlic, finely minced
- 1 pc Shallot, finely minced
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the avocado, cherry tomato, 2 tablespoons olive oil, soy sauce, garlic and shallot. Mix well then reserve on the side.
2. Place the tuna steak on a plate. Salt and pepper the fish, then rub the outer surface with the thyme. In a large sauté pan, heat the remaining olive oil to high heat. Add the tuna to the pan, and cook until the fish turns golden brown on the bottom, around one minute. Turn the fish, then reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for three minutes, then remove from the heat. If you desire the fish to be more cooked, place in an oven set to 325⁰F until it reaches your desired internal temperature.
3. Once cooked, slice the tuna and place on a dinner plate. Top with the avocado-tomato salad and serve immediately. Serve with a lemon wedge if desired.